Click the following links to download files:
- Carrie Epstein, LCSW-R (Bio)
Assistant Professor, Yale Child Study Center
Director of Clinical Services and Training, Childhood Violent Trauma Center at the Yale Child Study Center
- Steven Marans, MSW, PhD (Bio)
Harris Professor, Yale Child Study Center
Director, National Center for Children Exposed to Violence/Childhood Violent Trauma Center at the Yale Child Study Center
Director, Trauma Service
Professor of Psychiatry
This workshop is a special partnership with the Childhood Violent Trauma Center of the Yale Child Study Center at Yale University School of Medicine
Developed by Steven Marans, MSW, PhD and Carrie Epstein, LCSW-R, The Acute Stress Intervention for Adults (ASI) is a brief, 1 to 4 session evidence-informed structured approach for clinicians to provide one-on-one consultation to health care staff experiencing COVID-19 related stress. ASI is based on the co-developers’ extensive experiences in working with adults as part of their trauma-focused evidence-based treatment, the Child and Family Traumatic Stress Intervention (CFTSI), and well as their experience in working with adults in the immediate aftermath following mass casualty events, such as the Sandy Hook Elementary school tragedy.
Learning Objectives: By attending this session attendees will be able to:
- Implement the Acute Stress Intervention (ASI) to reduce acute stress symptoms in healthcare staff experiencing COVID-19 related stress.
- Assess for acute stress reactions using the Acute Stress Disorder Scale, adapted for COVID-19.
MORE DETAILS AND REGISTRATION
LIVE WEBINAR w/ Limited Capacity- Please note that this event is open to the public and being recorded for educational and professional development purposes.
FREE ADMISSION W/ OPTIONAL DONATION TO CSSW STUDENT EMERGENCY FUND
- Donations will go to CSSW students facing immediate crises including food insecurity, housing insecurity, or other unexpected COVID-19 related expenses.
- To donate to Columbia School of Social Work to support events like these, please CLICK HERE